Spacious 3 Bedroom +den Town house with Mountain Views – $650,000
- Built in 2010
- Passive house: Extra thick walls, extra long overhang, HeatRecovery Ventilation System, Solar panel for hot-water, Timber frame
- Square footage: 1720
- 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathroom + den
- Mountain and Farm views
- Metal Roof
- Ductless Heat-pump on both floors
- HeatRecovery Ventilation System
- Wood burning stove
- Fenced backyard with an extra 19’x13′ composite deck
- Bamboo flooring and tile on main floor, wool carpets in upstairs bedrooms
- Large entrance/mud room
- In-suite laundry
- Lots of storage – 4-ft crawl space under the house accessed from an inside hatch, attic storage lofts in each of the bedroom, and plenty of closets
This passive, eco-friendly, exceptionally well-built 3 bedrooms plus den, 2 bathrooms half duplex in the Groundswell Co-housing community at the Yarrow Ecovillage. Lovely farm and mountain views throughout, this timber frame home has beautiful wood beams and vaulted ceilings in the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom. Extra thick walls, passive solar design, heat pump and solar panel hot water make this an efficient and eco-friendly home. Recently built new back deck with beautiful garden backs onto the community gardens and 20-acre organic farm with many lovely walking trails along a creek and marshland. Community amenities include a newly built common house with large kitchen, dining area, lounge, kid’s room, teen’s room, art room and guest room. In the center of Yarrow, you are within walking distance to two playgrounds, the Vedder River, Yarrow library and Yarrow Community School. The delicious Chestnut Springs Organic Bakery & Café is just steps away. Short drive to Cultus Lake and shops at Garrison Crossing.
Contact & Book a Viewing
- Groundswell co-housing is a 33-unit intergenerational cohousing community designed to support opportunities for neighbours to interact and build relationships. Groundswell co-housing was designed by co-housing architect Chuck Durrett. For more about cohousing from Chuck’s website: http://www.cohousingco.com/
- Parking lot is adjacent to the housing making a pedestrian focused and child friendly space within the community with many common areas.
- Weekly community dinners are held in the common house for those who want to participate as well as annual gatherings during winter holidays, fall harvest, etc.
- Guest room can be booked for your guests to stay in – it has a large queen bed, bunkbeds, a couch and an adjacent bathroom.
- Large kitchen and dining area can also be booked for your own use for parties, events, meetings, etc.
- Community is legally registered as a Strata yet uses the cohousing consensus decision-making model and community meetings to govern itself. Community members can participate in teams (i.e. landscape team, community garden team, maintenance team, pet team…) and/or contribute to caring for the community commons through work-parties and specific tasks they take on.
- The community has its’ own environmentally friendly wastewater treatment system.
- Groundswell co-housing owns the 20-acre organically certified farm on ALR land. A farm team made up of all those currently farming the land makes most of the decisions about land use on the farm.
- The farmers are a mix of small-scale organic commercial growers and hobby farmers. Currently there are: small scale market garden operations, blueberries, hazelnut and apple orchards, and a permaculture food-forest. There is room for more farmers.
- Farm assets include a well, irrigation piping, large barn and wash station area.
- Those interested in farming can make a proposal to the Farm team.
- The farm has a beautiful salmon-bearing creek flowing through it which has been restored with support from Fraser Valley Watersheds Coalition. Many wildlife and birds can be seen here and community members have built trails along the creek.
- Groundswell co-housing and the Yarrow Ecovillage farm are located in the Indigenous lands of the Sto:lo people, in the town of Yarrow on the far west side of the city of Chilliwack. It is a 15 min drive to Chilliwack or Abbotsford and an hour drive to Vancouver. You can also bike into the southern part of Chilliwack (called Sardis) via a trail along the Vedder River.
- It is an area with many beautiful rivers, mountains and lakes and many people who enjoy being in the outdoors. Across the Vedder river is the Blue Heron Reserve, Cultus lake provincial park is a short drive away and many trails, water activities and fishing opportunities exist in the nearby Chilliwack River valley.
- Chilliwack and Abbotsford have all the amenities you might need including community centres, sports facilities, schools, shopping, medical facilities, a university and an International Airport in Abbotsford.